- 8 small waxy potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces broccolini trimmed and halved lengthwise or chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red or yellow onion thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the potatoes in a large ovenproof frying pan, preferably a 12-inch skillet. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes, turning the potatoes often, until almost all the stock has been absorbed and the potatoes are tender. Add the olive oil, broccolini, and onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute, turning the vegetables to coat them in the oil. Cover, reduce the heat ever so slightly, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the broccolini is softened.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler and beat the eggs with half the cheese and pour it over the vegetables in the pan. Cover and cook over medium-ish heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the eggs are almost set. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the frittata then slide it under the broiler just until the top is golden and the eggs are set throughout, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing into wedges or squares.
From Leite’s Culinaria